Snow Croc's Words of Wisdom

Sunday, August 13, 2006

My First Photoshop Experience




So, last night I was talking with Sean and Carrie, about how I thought Flash was the best program to sketch in, and they both said how stupid I was to think that Flash was better than Photoshop for doodling and stuff, so to prove them wrong I tried Photoshop. I was wrong, its really fun and its like using a pencil, you can really get alot of feeling out of your lines. So I did these in about an 2 and a half hours in total, last night and today and I really like the result. Im not gonna go any further with the big blue guy, but would like to keep going with the Angel peice. I want to try and get it looking more like a painting and less like a sketch. but i dont really know what im doing, but, if I have time Im gonna continue with it. But for now, what do you think?

9 Comments:

Blogger Sean Bartlett said...

I don't remember calling you stupid, though guess I might have, I was thinking it.... J/k :P

They both look really good. I like the hands on the big blue guy

6:11 PM  
Blogger Carrie Thornhill said...

Will you teach me how to draw? Please?? I'm jealous.

6:59 PM  
Blogger Chris Graf said...

kssshhh...nice pics. i think the tones are nice, but the shadow doesn't seem to be as in depth as it should? i'm talkin outta my ass. i like the angels outfit ;)

kssshh....graf out

7:40 PM  
Blogger Dan Elder said...

NO NO NO its ok sean you can call him stupid... jsut don't insult blue berry beer casue then your in for it... Nice peices hank I gotta say. I comend you for trying to paint in flash.. I need to jump on that band wagon. take care dude

*Duke out*

2:09 PM  
Blogger pmaestro said...

yeah you don't really have to do anything more to the blue guy. i suppose you could add highlights if you cared. the soaking in the blood of angels pic needs some blood though! how did the angel fall anyway? was she foitin round tha weld! you've got a good sense of perspective and proportion. did you go to school or something?

7:36 PM  
Blogger Chris Hankewich said...

schools, FUCK SCHOOLS, I Punch schools in the face!!!

Hank out!

8:16 PM  
Blogger Scoobygang said...

It looks like a giant from the blue man group and I envision a tiny city in his hands....but it's also early in the morning and I have a headache.

12:27 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dont mean to sound too critical and i know as it is it suits the overall style, but id take a look at the angel's feet if ur willing to go that far back, maybe a bit more feminine and less ankle. sorry if i come off too harsh just trying to help, feel free to ignore.

12:38 PM  
Blogger Emily said...

like the blue man... made me think of Watchmen... nice blog by the way.

8:39 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home